More and more businesses have been embracing cloud computing technologies over the past few years. In cloud computing, businesses can access computing resources from a huge network of servers and these are made available to them across the Internet. With cloud computing, businesses can also access software as service. Besides, cloud hosting is an excellent way to store and share data.
One of the biggest benefits of adopting the cloud is that employees can access business data any time no matter where they are located. They can make changes to such data in real time and even share data with other employees. Cloud computing solutions can be PaaS or Platform as a Service, IaaS or Infrastructure as a Service and SaaS or Software as a Service. You should choose any of these three types of cloud computing services depending on what your business requires.
While the benefits of cloud computing are known to all, many companies are still not very sure about the value of moving away from the traditional environment and adopting the cloud. These are some of the main reasons why it makes sense to move your business to the cloud:
• Perhaps the strongest reason to move to the cloud is to cut down on costs. Maintaining a private data center can be very costly. You will have to spend a fortune on buying expensive equipments for storage and then on hiring and training manpower to manage the data center. However, if you embrace the cloud, you can simply pay for the services and resources you use and nothing extra. The cloud services providers will charge you on the basis of the amount of storage you request for, the numbers of users, memory, space, features etc. So, you are free to choose a cloud hosting plan which can cater to your budget and needs.
• Another rather strong reason to move your business to the cloud is to take advantage of the flexibility it offers. You can enjoy mobility which was not possible in a traditional hosting environment. With cloud hosting, your employees have the freedom to work from any location as long as they are connected to the Internet. So, it is possible for your employees to work even when they may be traveling or away from the workplace. It will also allow you to cut down on the numbers of workstations, allowing some workers to even work from their homes. With cloud computing you can effectively monitor all your business operations smoothly.
• Earlier, in a traditional environment, businesses would have to prepare for future growth by purchasing extra servers and storage from before. However, it was often years before any of these would come to use. But, with cloud computing, you do not have to procure resources that you may not need at the moment. You can alwys get extra resources like new features and storage whenever you need these. You can request your cloud services provider to upgrade the plan, and within minutes, you will get what you need for no extra costs.
• In the traditional environment, it was important to make backups of critical data. This was because any calamity of accident could trigger permanent data loss in the absence of backups of that data. However, with cloud hosting, data storage is not only smooth, but there is automatic data backups. Employees can access data all the time as long as there is Internet connectivity. Many businesses have also signed up with cloud hosting providers for disaster recovery solutions and backups.
• It is also argued by experts that storing data in the cloud is probably more secure than storing it on physical servers within data centers. Whenever there is a security breach in a datacenter facility, confidential data can get stolen or compromised. However, with data stored on the cloud, you can even delete it remotely to prevent it from falling into wrong hands. Causing security breaches on cloud platform is hard and you can be sure your data will be secure in the cloud.
• These are some of the strongest reasons to choose cloud migration for businesses. You can choose from IaaS, PaaS or SaaS solutions and each of these will have sub groups which may differ from one vendor to another. So, when you are looking for SaaS for instance, you can get many options from a host of vendors. You are free to select the vendor which gives you the best features for the best rates.
• Finally, enterprise owners will always be searching for better ways to boost team performance. Cloud hosting helps businesses by boosting collaboration among employees. This is possible as employees can conveniently share data with each other and complete projects even when they are in different locations around the globe. It is possible to share real time updates amongst workers. So, cloud computing improves efficiency levels, enhances productivity at the workplace and cuts down on costs for your business by eliminating repetitive tasks like data re-entry.