WordPress virtual private server hosting plans are selling like hot cakes because they are affordable and effective at the same time. They can guarantee users greater control over their servers; they are flexible and offer high speeds. In VPS hosting, an entire server is compartmentalized to produce many virtual private servers. Each of these servers is capable of running independently. Each has its own version of an operating system, whether Linux or Windows. So, users can get root access to the servers. They can install custom applications and software to cater to their business needs.
Why it is better to sign up for VPS hosting plans when you have a WordPress site?
- When you prefer to add or insert new text and images or screen shots on your site, you will need higher bandwidth speeds. If you have taken up shared hosting plans, you may not be able to do these tasks seamlessly because bandwidth is limited. With VPS hosting however you can get a more powerful WordPress site which will offer your visitors the ultimate viewing experience. This is because WordPress VPS is more flexible; the hosting plans can be suitably customized to cater to your specific hosting requirements. Moreover, you can scale these plans up and down according to the demands of the traffic to your site. So, VPS allows you to enjoy features of dedicated server hosting at a fraction of the costs.
- When you have started a forum that is steadily growing, or launched an ecommerce store online, or created a blog, choosing VPS hosting plans turns out to be more cost-effective. When combined with WordPress caching plug-ins and CDNs, the site can guarantee the fastest loading speeds.
- Since clients are provided with root access to the servers, they are free to set up any software of their choice and also customize any application just like dedicated servers. When you choose VPS hosting for your WordPress site, you can actually speed up the website.
- VPS hosting will also offer them a user-friendly control panel which streamlines administration. When this control panel is installed, you can achieve most of the administrative tasks independently with some support from the provider.
- You can even sign up for VPS hosting in the cloud. In regular VPS environments, in case any hardware malfunctions, the site functioning can be disrupted. But when you choose cloud-based VPS, you can be certain that the website will continue to function optimally; the site will be available online in only a few seconds even when there is a technical failure.
- In standard VPS plans, you will be entitled to only some resources and this may cause your site to face downtimes from time to time. But when you choose cloud-based VPS, it can dynamically allocate resources like power and memory for you as and when the servers need them. Moreover, cloud VPS will also allow you to set up your servers in various locations to obtain maximum site optimization.
So long as you do not tax the VPS servers yourself, you are bound to enjoy improved site performance. Switching from one VPS hosting plans to another is also hassle-free. When you choose managed VPS, you can rely completely on your vendor to manage and secure the servers for you. This gives you the time to focus on developing other important areas of your business.
When you are looking for the right kind of web hosting for your WordPress website, you should consider some important factors. For instance, it is important to evaluate your business needs to understand what kind of WordPress hosting will cater to these needs. You have to decide whether you need root access to the server to be able to tweak its settings to your advantage. You must also decide whether you wish to install custom software and scripting languages. Finally, you have to understand the level of security you want for your WordPress site.
So to sum up, when you have decided to sign up for VPS plans for your WordPress site, you will enjoy resources on your own without sharing these with your neighbors like in shared hosting. There are no chances of site disruption because of over usage of resources by some neighbors or because of malicious activities in other sites. Unlike in shared hosting where hacking attempts are quite frequent, you will not have to face such breaches in your WordPress site when you choose VPS plans.
Unlike in shared hosting for WordPress sites, you will not have to share bandwidth when you choose VPS plans. So, there are less chances of the site facing frequent downtimes. Last but not the least, you will have complete flexibility to install your own software and apps on the server, something that was not possible in shared WordPress hosting.