For the success of any online site, you need to have a solid marketing plan. Besides this, how your website is designed will also play a crucial role in its success. Earlier, there have been instances when even an impressive-looking website would start to look different the moment the user used a different browser or a PC having different resolution. So, how user-friendly a site is very important and not simply how it appears on the screen. It is essential that your website is responsive in order for it to become mobile friendly.
What are benefits of having a mobile-friendly website?
- When you can successfully build a mobile-friendly site, you stand to gain many advantages. To start with, the biggest benefit is that of better accessibility. As more and more buyers are using smartphones and buying things through these, it is imperative to have a mobile-friendly site to make their shopping experiences seamless.
- Secondly, when your website is loaded with too many images or dynamic content, it appears to load well on a desktop. But, on a smartphone or a laptop, the results may be quite different. This meant that you would end up losing customers because they are unable to shop on your site from their mobile devices. With a mobile-friendly site, you can get guaranteed faster loading time and this reduces your chances of losing your potential customers.
- Thirdly, a mobile-friendly site will promote your brand image; something that is very crucial at a time when new online businesses are coming up almost every day. When your site is responsive on mobile devices too, it gets higher search engine rankings and this boosts traffic to the site.
How to Create A Website For A Smartphone?
Getting your site ready:
- There are different online tools which not only help build a professional looking website for the smartphones that people use today, but also for devices like the laptop. To do so, you will need to buy a domain name which you are keen to use. For this, you can go to your hosting account and type the domain names in the "order" section. You get to choose the order from a menu after which you choose the “Search” option. Then you can select the "Manage Website" option from your dashboard to log into the interface.
- When you have installed this, your next task is to incorporate content into your website. You are free to edit the content and how you wish it to be placed on the site. When you wish to add additional content, you can choose the “Add More Content” option. You will be shown a page which asks you to select the kind of content you want to include. When you have chosen the “Contact” block, for instance, you need to type in the data and then choose "Finish". Once the new block has been successfully added, you may repeat this method to keep adding more content to the site.
- When you are satisfied with adding more content, you can even customize the style if you are not happy with the existing one. So, you can design the site by customizing font colors or adding animations. To do this, you need to choose the "Edit Style" option on the main page.
- After completing editing, you are then ready to publish the site. But before doing so, it is always advisable to get a preview of the site to see how it will look before your visitors. When you want to change anything, you have to select the "Edit" option. After editing, you can click on “Publish” to publish the site. It is interesting to note that it is possible to edit on the site even after it has been published.
Adding the store:
Being an e-commerce website, you have to include a store in which the customers can choose products for purchase. When you have clicked on the “add store”, there is demo data which shows on the screen ad you can test the store using this. The Orders menu will have details about all purchase orders made by buyers. The Products option will have lists of all products in the store while Discounts will allow you to create discounts when you wish to. Payment Providers option will allow you to set up as many payment providers as you want to for the e-commerce store. The Settings menu is very useful because you can see overall store settings under it and make changes.