How to Differentiate Between Windows and UNIX VPS Server?
Was this answer helpful?
Both UNIX and Microsoft server are operating systems. The Windows server and UNIX are mainly utilized as enterprise application servers that are vital for various purposes including but not limited to email, web and even database hosting. The Windows server was created by Microsoft thus gaining the head role in their software solutions. As for UNIX, it was considered as an open system in which its source code is available to the public. Just take note that both operating systems are ideal for VPS hosting. It is important to learn the differences between the two so that you can choose wisely.
- Windows server is capable of supporting the majority of Microsoft products including Microsoft FrontPage.
- Windows server supports Active Server Pages (ASP) which is a well-known programming that enables you to construct database-driven and dynamic web pages.
- Most of the CGI programs available online were developed on UNIX platforms, thus they are easily installed under UNIX.
It cannot be denied that Linux is ideally suited to be used as a server than Windows. Understandably, it stands out from Windows server in various ways.
- Stability is the main aspect that makes Linux the ideal option since it can run for years without any failure. In reality, the majority of Linux VPS users never experienced a crash. Linux is also capable of handling numerous processes at once. In terms of rebooting, changes in the configurations in Windows server would require one while Linux will not require any restarting anymore. This is due to the fact that changes in the configurations in Linux are carried out even if the system is running.
- Since Linux is based on UNIX, it was designed as a multi-user operating system. It is only the administrator or root user who enjoys administrative privileges, thus keeping the security level high. Another aspect of security is that Linux is attacked at a lesser rate by malware and viruses.
Threat detection is the top element on the priority list for cybersecurity cell. Detection is essential because to eliminate threats, you need to see it first. But with so many adversaries that your d....
Cloud computing is, by and large, the most revolutionizing technology in the IT industry. Before cloud technology and virtualization existed, people relied, on what they call physical servers. Physica....