You would want to choose the cloud for speed and dexterity. It lets you spin up thousands of servers in a fraction of time as compared to the time taken by the on-site servers. AWS offers over 90 cloud services including storage, compute, data analytics, AI, etc. This is an awesome opportunity to make your ideas form reality in a matter of seconds as compared to sitting over the idea for months. There is not one but many reasons for migration to the cloud. Companies looking to increase the productivity of their employees opt for cloud migration. If you need to consolidate your data centers then migration to the cloud will do wonders for you. Enterprises willing to change their business by beginning the use of modern technology migrate to the cloud as part of their bigger goal to transform digitally. Out of every reason, the cost-effectiveness of using the cloud stands out.
AWS services are used by all kinds of businesses. For instance, in financial services companies like Intuit and Barclays, in healthcare Pfizer and Merck, in oil and gas BP and Shell, in manufacturing there are Philips and GE and, in technology, there are companies like Samsung and Netflix. These are some of the many biggies that use the AWS cloud for expanding and growing their businesses.
Reasons to Choose AWS Cloud Migration
- The cost of Operations is slashed with the cloud. You deliver better in a more open and transparent way.
- Team Productivity is increased because there is no need to keep waiting for the infrastructure as the AWS offers over 90 services that would otherwise have to be built and maintained.
- It avoids future expenditure by eliminating the need for regular maintenance and hardware revival.
- Operational pliability comes with minimizing the risk for your business and by the subsequent lowering of the risk reduction costs.
- Agility lets you respond to the conditions of a marketplace speedily by helping you expand and enhance your competitiveness.
AWS Database Migration Service
It allows a quick and secure transfer of data. Source database is not put down and it remains operational during the transfer, thus keeping the downtime to a minimum for applications that are dependable on the migrating database. AWS migration can move your data from almost all known open-source and commercial databases.
AWS Migration Service are supported over similar and different database platforms. DMS is free for the six months when database is migrated to any on Amazon platforms like Amazon Aurora and Amazon Redshift.