- Hosting Services
- Affordable Data Center Migration
Data Center Migration Enquiry Form
Minimize complexity, enhance scalability, and improve efficiency through our world-class data center migration and consolidation services.
Data Protection. SLA-backed uptime. High availability
Data Center Migration: How we do it?
We start off by gaining a complete understanding of the scope of the migration exercise. Our experts not only document the whole data center footprint but also identify the applications supported by the data center.
Post assessment, we create a phased execution plan, with tasks and deadlines assigned for each phase. In this step, the dependencies are identified and SLAs and support processes defined.
The various parts of the migration process are validated before putting the plan into action. All the critical components including storage components, routers, and firewalls are validated through a cool-down process.
All the vital components and applications are migrated according to the plan laid out in the initial phases. We conduct tests to examine data, applications, and network configurations, and assess the consistency of data.
Once the migration concludes, we verify and find out if the data center is fully functional. We also routinely examine the data center architecture and configurations and optimize wherever required.
Why choose Go4hosting as your an Affordable data center migration partner?
In this fiercely competitive age, businesses demand agile infrastructure in order to make the most of market opportunities and embrace technological innovations. A legacy infrastructure just doesn’t serve the purpose. At Go4hosting, we offer top-of-the-line migration and consolidation services that help you simplify your infrastructure, bolster operational efficiency and trim down operating costs. With our meticulously-planned solutions in place, your business is primed for new challenges across various technology platforms.
Our specialists can address all kinds of migration challenges-consolidation prompted by merger or acquisition, relocation to a new colocation service facility, migration to a public or hybrid cloud. So, whatever kind of business entity you may be, or whichever stage you may be into, we help you refine services and unlock novel outcomes. We follow a customized approach for ensuring the entire migration process goes on in a smooth manner. Our experienced team of certified engineers, architects, and consultants have the skill and expertise to devise solutions that align perfectly with your needs. Our end-to-end migration solutions cover everything, right from mapping the applications to handling technology platforms. Our top-notch services are characterized by scalability, security, and efficiency.
Chat now to get started
Have questions on data center migration? We’ve the answers.
Data center migration refers to the movement of IT infrastructure, along with its applications, from one location to the other.
Here are the key benefits of data center migration:
1) Better Return on Investment (RoI): A carefully planned data center migration plan can help companies bring down the total costs of operation through optimization of the existing resources.
2) Minimal Disruption: Technology is changing at a rapid pace; an agile IT environment helps businesses minimize disruption through the integration of modern technologies.
3) Increased Shelf-life: Data center migration prolongs the shelf life of a company’s existing infrastructure by tweaking it to meet its specific needs.
4) Enhanced Security: Data centers offer different security benefits such as firewalls, multi-factor authentication, etc. Companies can pick and choose the features that best fit their security needs.
5) Scalability: Most of the large-scale data centers allow businesses to scale resources with time as they grow and expand operations.
Some of the common reasons behind companies choosing to migrate their data center:
1) They have outgrown the capacity and capabilities of their existing data center facility.
2) They want to move resources from their on-premises data center to a colocation/managed facility.
3) They want to consolidate their infrastructure owning to restructuring (merger/acquisition)
Here are some of the common types of data center migrations:
- Colocation/Relocation: This involves moving IT infrastructure from one location to another. Relocation may include a mix of the below processes:
- Physical-to-physical (Forklifts)
- Physical-to-virtual (P2V)
- Virtual-to-virtual (V2V)
- Virtual-to-cloud (V2C)
- Physical-to-cloud (P2C)
- Consolidation: Triggered by organizational restructuring, this kind of migration is aimed at reducing the number of physical data centers or servers.
- Cloud: This involves moving physical and/or virtual infrastructure components to the public or private cloud.
- Hybrid: In this case, the data and applications are moved to a hybrid environment that may involve a mix of private and public clouds, colocation, and on-premises data center.