What Is Cloud VPS?
Before we go into the details of what cloud VPS means, here is a brief explanation of what VPS is.
VPS or Virtual Private Server
VPS uses virtualization technology to conceptualize the hosting services. In other words it is a server that is seen by the user as a dedicated server despite it being installed on a physical computer running multiple operating systems.
Following are the key features of the VPS
– Because VPS has its own copy of the operating system, it offers users with super-user privileges in the OS.
– It enables user to install any kind of software that is capable of running on that computer system.
With the advancement of virtualization software technology, numerous hosting vendors are offering VPS hosting at a reasonable cost. Cloud VPS hosting means, hosting a configurable virtual machine on the cloud.
The advantages users can reap by cloud VPS are as follows
– Do away with large capital expenditure on hardware and upgrades
– Scale up or down the capacity while they pay only for the resources they use
– A more secure environment because security issues will be taken care of by the hosting provider
– Reduced carbon footprint. By hosting in a data center, consumer benefit by the latest power efficient technology.