What is Dotclear?
Dotclear is freely available open source blog publishing platform written in PHP programming language in 2002 by Olivier Meunier. It is popular in French speaking countries and most of the supporting material of Dotclear is available in French language though it provides easy and flexible architecture to its users. Software is itself multilingual and provides all normal features of blogging.
Dotclear is a high quality online publishing tool; it is user-friendly and possesses a rich functionality that provides a comfortable experience to its users.
– Customizable theme: Even if you are not a programmer or techie, you can easily customize online themes available in Dotclear like fonts, color, images etc. without changing or touching the source code.
– Editing Template: According to your site’s need, you can easily make the changes in default template language using dedicated editor in administration interface.
– Use your Input method: You can install plugins to extend the functionality like adding new input method or doing entries using Wiki syntax or XHTML.
– Multilingual feature: A language management tool allows you to install and update language in installation, so the blog can be displayed in any available language.
– Performance: Dotclear is very fast with thousands of blogs and comments irrespective of quantity of data.