A webmaster is a person who is responsible for creating, managing, and administering the content and organization of a website. They are also responsible for managing the server and taking care of the technical aspects of the website.
The chief duties of a webmaster are as follows:
• Designing the website
• Registering the website’s domain name
• Creating and updating the webpages
• Supervising the page designers and programmers
• Monitoring the size of the website (to take care that the allowed disk space and bandwidth are not exceeded)
• Creating CGI scripts
• Replying to user feedback
• Planning the future growth, limitations, and requirements of the website
• Monitoring site traffic
• Ensuring that the web server hardware and software are running properly
With the exponential growth in the World Wide Web, there has been a demand explosion for webmasters by both small and large companies. While in a small organization, the webmaster will take care of all the technical aspects of the website, in large companies, the webmaster may be someone with knowledge and experience of programming languages or HTML. This knowledge is required in case they have to create programs or scripts as needed by the website. In some large organizations, there may even be a webmaster team at the helm of affairs.
Please fill in the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.