What is XOOPS?
XOOPS is an open-source web-based content management system (CMS). XOOPS is written in PHP language script and uses the MySQL database. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and allows users to use and modify it without any restrictions to suit their needs. The users can redistribute it complying with the norms laid by GPL.
Features of XOOPS:
– XOOPS is an abbreviation for eXtensible object-oriented Portal System.
– Installation is simple and quick.
– Web administrators can manage the sites and content that include text, images, videos, animations, sounds etc.
– They have the liberty to restrict users with different permission levels to edit, upload, delete, add, publish attach content.
– It is an ideal tool for building small to large dynamic websites, intranet and corporate portals, weblogs and more.
– Permits better collaboration of content. Multiple users in an organization can add and modify the content as per the access eligibility allowed by the administrators.
– Sharing of information with colleagues, friends or clients can be done with ease over the internet.
XOOPS is developed and maintained by an umbrella group that branches into different teams for Core development, Module development, Theme Design development, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Support team.