How to do Installation and the configuration of Zabbix on Ubuntu 16.04?
Was this answer helpful?
The Zabbix is a complete open supply and business-class network outlook tool that is accustomed to monitoring the performance and convenience of the server working. The network devices and different network elements which are operating are being managed completely. The Zabbix uses various technologies as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle so that data storage can be effectively managed. Zabbix provides a relaxed and an easy availability of the internet interface for watching and tracking the data along with the system. The Zabbix uses a Zabbix agent to gather the related data and forward it across to the Zabbix server that is operating.
We will learn how to make the stepwise installation of Zabbix server and the Zabbix consumer on working Alibaba Cloud ECS along with Ubuntu sixteen.04.
Requisites and basic Requirement:
- The Alibaba cloud is designed and set-up in such a way that the requirement for the Zabbix server with an Ubuntu 16.04 installation is smoothly done.
- A fresh installed Alibaba Cloud ECS instance for the working Zabbix client have the Ubuntu 16.04 completely being managed and installed in the system.
- A Non-root user along with the sudo rights and privileges is working and set with the configuration on both managed instances.
Installation of the LAMP Server is initially required:
- Before setting up the requirement of the Zabbix there is a requirement of technologies such as the Apache, MySQL, and PHP that are fitted on your system. First the requirement of installation of Apache and after it PHP7.
- After the process is completed for installation we are required to use the most updated version of Maria DB that is available in the list of Ubuntu 16.04 list.
- Now the initial set up of the Maria DB server is done in order to start the boot time of the system.
Installation of the Zabbix
- The latest update of the server is actually not running in the Ubuntu 16.04 list present. You are here required to actually download and then work on the installation of Zabbix going forward.
- Then install the depository that has been downloaded.
- You are here required to actually do the updating of the list that is operational and installation of the Zabbix server with the web front side so as to have the MySQL database that is running.
- You are required to do the installation of the Zabbix agent for collecting Zabbix server data solely.
- Start the system and do the rebooting of the system.
The Configuration of the working Database for Zabbix system:
- Before setting up of the system Zabbix you have to set up a complete database and the users information for working of the server data.
- Log into the Maria DB shell.
- Type your root password whenever asked so as to have the creation of data record.
- Have a user for the appropriate working of the Zabbix server for granting the server system effective management.
- In the last step, you have to exit from the Maria DB for the Installation process to be completed.
- Next, we must work on the initial set up and transfer of data to the new system formed.
The configuration of the working Database for Zabbix:
- Even earlier than the Zabbix set up, the requirement of the database and a user is there for to handling the information on the Zabbix server.
- Entry of root password, when asked, is mandatory for the later creation of the data for Zabbix.
- After this creation of a user for the Zabbix server and flushing out the positions that are not required.
- Finally, the exit process of Maria DB is done.
Now you have to make the Configuration of the Zabbix smoothly:
- There has to be a data system setting requirement along with the complete username and the system password in the Zabbix server for having the configuring system. The editing of the zabbix_server. conffile: has to be done easily for the working.
- You have to save the data with the file handling whenever the work is managed.
- # php_value date. time zone.php this command has to be replaced with your required time zone.
- Then you have to save the file when once finishing the whole process.
- Then here you have to initiate the Apache server, as well as Zabbix server, works for starting the completely new system.
Accessing the Zabbix Web Interface
- The Zabbix server that you have installed has been completely set up and is actually connected along the working data store system. It is the time when you can have an access for the installation of the web system.
- Open the web browser for visiting through the URL as http://ECS_Internet_IP_Address/zabbix.
- Check for the Next step option. You will now be taken to the Zabbix configuration screen.
- Update the name, Database username related password after selecting Next step button.
- Now provide hostname or IP address for the Zabbix server and then opt for Next button.
- Click Finish for setting up the system.
Installation and Configuration of Zabbix Client
- Your Zabbix server is set up and working now. Then install Zabbix client. Initially install the Zabbix list for your Client machine.
- Install the list and open the Zabbix agent present by the default.
- Here start so as to add Zabbix Agent service for rebooting.
Add Zabbix Client Machine to Zabbix Server for Monitoring
- Open the tab and go to follow the method as the use of the Configuration, then working on the Hosts, after this Create Host, once landing it select the Host tab.
- Select the Template of Operating system Linux then scroll down for Selecting the Host button for working.
- Select the add button for linking with the Zabbix server.
After having fixed a Zabbix client with the Zabbix server there is the requirement of host Status enabling. Next, wait to have information by Zabbix server, by moving to the tab on Zabbix web platform and clicking the on the latest data system.
Threat detection is the top element on the priority list for cybersecurity cell. Detection is essential because to eliminate threats, you need to see it first. But with so many adversaries that your d....
Cloud computing is, by and large, the most revolutionizing technology in the IT industry. Before cloud technology and virtualization existed, people relied, on what they call physical servers. Physica....