PuTTY is an application that supports several protocols of networking. PuTTY is an open source, free of cost serial console, terminal emulator that helps in network file transfer.
PuTTY is a free terminal software for SSH, Telnet and Rlogin. Putty works equally well with both Microsoft Windows and UNIX platforms. PuTTY enables the users to access computers remotely over the internet.
PuTTY was originally developed by Simon Tatham and he maintained this application. PuTTY has gained its popularity as a tool for text based communication. It is also very successful in connecting Linux operating system servers with Microsoft Windows operating system based computers.
PuTTY works with SSH, Telnet or Rlogin in conjunction with an xterm terminal emulator. PuTTY makes an access by a remote session on any computer with the help of these network protocols.
How does PuTTY work?
PuTTY is a network file transfer application. PuTTY can support several network protocols at a time. It is a SSH, Telnet and Rlogin software working for both windows and Linux platforms. PuTTY allows the users to remotely access computers over the internet.
PuTTY works by sending typed commands. It receives the text replies over traditional terminal socket. The sockets used by PuTTY are more secured such as SSH.
Advantages of PuTTY:
- PuTTY is very stable and easily configurable application.
- PuTTY is an uninterrupted functionalities application as it immediately resumes connection unassisted after any interruption in networking.
- PuTTY has an extremely user friendly graphical interface to work with.
- PuTTY supports number of secured remote terminals.
- PuTTY supports consoles not supported by xterm.
- PuTTY offers support to number of variations on secure remote terminal.
- PuTTY provides local, dynamic, or remote port forwarding service with the help of SSH.
- PuTTY can store preferences and hosts to be used later.
PuTTY is an open source application extremely useful for supporting network protocol.
Cloud Security: An Introduction
Cloud technology has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 15 years. With the cloud becoming mainstream, cloud security has become all the more important. Cloud se....
10 Key Factors to Consider when Buying Dedicated Server Hosting for your Business
As the world experiences digital disruption, organizations far and wide are taking their businesses online. Websites have become a crucial link between a company and its customers. If you own a websit....