How do I access my Windows VPS using a remote desktop?
With most of the businesses adopting remote work modules, more and more organizations are trying to offer hassle-free services. Hosting solutions and services are one such sector that is continuously evolving and coming up with better services to ensure a top-notch quality customer experience.
Even accessing your Windows VPS using a remote desktop is no more a challenge. One can easily access their VPS server remotely using a Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
Below we are listing some steps to help you access Windows VPS using a remote desktop:
- Go to the Start menu using your windows computer.
- If you are using Windows 7/10 or Windows Vista, you can directly search for Remote Desktop Connection in the search field.
- If you are using an older version of Windows like Windows XP, click on all programs, go-to accessories, look for the remote desktop connection, and click on it.
- On clicking the RDC, you will see the pop-up with one field. You should enter the IP address you chose while configuring the VPS server here.
- Now you will see the pop-up with two fields. Here you need to type your username and password. The username by default stays Administrator or HSV PSADMIN and the password will be the one you have picked at the time of VPS server configuration.
- Accept the SSL certificate warning and press OK. If you close the remote connection window, the Windows VPS will continue to run in the background performing the tasks that were configured for it.
Now that you know how to access Windows VPS using a remote server, let’s understand why choosing Windows VPS to host your website and application is beneficial.
Why does Windows VPS make a perfect choice for your business?
Windows VPS hosting comes packed with advanced software and is one of the most convenient and easy-to-use hosting solutions. It comes with exclusive features that make maintaining and handling the server a hassle-free process.
The benefit of VPS hosting is readily apparent to resellers, webmasters, web developers, and anyone else using virtual private servers.
Here is what makes VPS server a perfect solution for your business:
Complete Server Control
In the case of a VPS, you will have your operating system, resources, and cloud storage space . Therefore, your server resources will not be shared, allowing better website performance, resulting in more website visitors and conversions.
VPS comes with the features of both shared and dedicated hosting. The resources it offers come at a sustainable cost. Since it allows you to scale your resources, you always have the freedom to add or remove resources to meet your business demands. It makes VPS servers a lot more cost-friendly.
For every website and application owner, security is one of the main concerns. Using a VPS server, you can avoid the hassle of security breaches or data theft. Most of the VPS server service providers ensure that they follow proper safety measures to offer complete security of your data.
Hosting a VPS or Dedicated Server is especially useful for e-commerce businesses because of its dedicated IP address, which makes your website’s identity unique when offering features like email marketing and secure e-commerce transactions
Automatic Data backup
Having a proper backup of your data is pivotal for every business. So make sure you have all the data and information of your website backed up. It will help you quickly restore your lost data and offer easy access to it. You can manage your backup process using both manual and automation modes.
VPS hosting forex hosting provides the perfect solution for those in the foreign exchange market. With VPS, there is no risk of personal data being transmitted. Moreover, your server will never shut down, and neither will your trades. If a network is down or a network outage occurs, you can still monitor trades and make money 24/7 with the best forex VPS.
Now that you know how to access your VPS server using a remote desktop, you can avail of the services anytime, anywhere you like. Those who are still wondering whether to move their applications to the VPS server or not must do it now to reap the benefits.