Cloud backup services are needed because cloud backup helps enterprises and individuals store valuable data on the Internet using storage service providers instead of storing this data on a physical disk space like a hard drive. Cloud backup solutions provide involve sending copy of the critical data across a private or public network to a remote off-site server. This off-site server is typically hosted by third party providers. They will charge a fee for this backup based upon the bandwidth, capacity and number of users. Cloud backup services therefore back up data to a cloud based remote server. They are cloud storage services because this stored data is present within the cloud and accessible from various connected and distributed resources comprising a cloud.
How do cloud backup services work?
The cloud backup services will allow clients to remotely access the cloud provider’s services by a secure log-in application. Using this application, files can be backed up from the client computer or the client data center to an online storage server through an encrypted connection. So cloud storage helps to lessen the trouble of backing up tasks and it is the duty of the storage providers to explain the benefits of cloud storage services to their customers. So, cloud storage simply means the storage of important data within the cloud. Cloud storage offers many advantages like better accessibility and higher reliability, excellent protection during data backups and data retrieval, disaster recovery, lower storage costs since you do not have to buy costly storage devices.
What are the advantages of cloud backup solutions?
- Cloud backup solutions are affordable because the smaller businesses have very limited IT budgets. This is why cloud storage is economical for them as they do not have to incur huge capital expenses.
- Cloud backup makes data accessible from anywhere at any time as long as clients have Internet connectivity. This access to the Internet can be through a computer or even a smartphone. So, clients do not need to travel with their laptops all the time or keep going back to the office to view or retrieve relevant data.
- Storing the data in an off-site server is necessary to ensure that the data remains safe from accidents or natural calamities like floods and hurricanes which can destroy computers and hard drives.
- When you store data in the cloud, it makes data management and data restoration far simple; only with a few clicks of your mouse, you can back up important files and restore then whenever needed.
- Another great advantage of using cloud backup solutions is that you do not have to take out extra time for doing such backups. The files are backed up to the online cloud storage automatically and on a continuous basis, every time you are connected to the Internet.
These are the many advantages which cloud backup services offer businesses today. Because of its affordability, small and medium sized businesses can get off-site solutions for backing up their data automatically.