VPS hosting services refers to a type of web hosting service that contains a virtual private server which is partitioned and has its individual OS, bandwidth and disk space. VPS hosting services offer a physical server that is located in a data center but divided into multiple spaces, each with its own virtual private server. Since the VPS has its own OS, the customers enjoy access to the OS and can install any type of software which is capable of running on that operating system. The account holder in a virtual private server will view only his virtual environment; he has the power to reboot this server or use it like a dedicated server. So, the space works like a dedicated server(although it is part of a physical server) making the VPS hosting services very useful for sites which need dedicated web hosting but are still not prepared for it. VPS hosting basically acts like a bridge between shared and dedicated hosting.
Who uses VPS Hosting Services?
Clients prefer to use VPS hosting services since it offers them better control over the environment as compared to shared hosting. It is also useful for businesses which need dedicated web hosting plans but are not confident about the knowhow needed to operate these plans. so, VPS hosting services help them to get started and they can continue to increase their skills without having to spend a fortune for web hosting services. VPS hosting India companies can help you meet your business demands when you must expand the business beyond a shared hosting level, when you expect sudden traffic spikes during few times of the year, when you are planning on working with secure and confidential data, when you wish to raise the headcount which indirectly means more email accounts or when you are planning on hosting multiple applications, sites and blogs.
VPS Hosting Features:
VPS hosting features may vary from one VPS provider to the next but in general, the providers will offer these following features.
- Root access gives the clients total control over the account, whether it is configurations or software installations.
- VPS hosting allows you to manage your individual server although you can also opt for support from the web host.
- The VPS provider typically monitors the network actively ensuring complete protection against threats like hacking or malware.
- VPS hosting providers let you host multiple sites without facing performance issues. Clients can even install separate email accounts; they can even allocate particular resources to each site.
Benefits of VPS Hosting:
- Cost-Effective: VPS hosting is definitely more affordable than dedicated hosting which uses a single physical server.
- Customizability: VPS providers allow you to customize the plans to suit your business needs; this means that you can pay only for what you need.
- Scalability: VPS hosting allows you to start off with minimal resources and then expand the hosting plans to keep pace with your business expansion. So, you are not required to pay up for resources that you do not currently need.
- Control: VPS hosting gives a lot more control over root access and scripting languages compared to what you would get in shared hosting.
So, VPS hosting services may actually be just the solution you need when your website demands more resources than what you are likely to get in a shared hosting environment but you do not have the budget to afford dedicated server hosting.