With impending cloud technology, most organizations are inclined towards virtualized environment to accustom their multifaceted business requirements. There are three basic types of hosting and among them, VPS hosting falls right between the shared web hosting and dedicated server hosting. Shared hosting is the cheapest hosting solution, whereas the dedicated hosting is expensive.
A virtual private server hosting resembles the characteristics of both shared and dedicated hosting. Many customers have preference of selecting VPS hosting because they have more control over their environment than they get with shared hosting. In reality, it is a hybrid form of hosting that contains its own operating system, disk space, bandwidth etc.
Virtual Private Server- A physical server that resides in a data center is used for vps. The server is then partitioned into various spaces that act as a standalone server and called as virtual server. The vps account holder sees only their virtual environment and can reboot their server in the same manner as one can do in dedicated server hosting.
It is a good interim solution for those who need dedicated server hosting to ensure full control over their hosting environment, but don’t go for dedicated server due to its high cost. Put a glance over the eminent attributes that ensure it is the most reliable option for your growing needs.
- VPS plans can be customized according to your preference of computing instances. You don’t have to pay extra for any other feature that you will never need to support your business application.
- Many VPS hosting plans are easily scalable; you can start with the limited resource and then grow as your application demand upsurge.
- You are associated with more control and power over your virtual server that you never get in shared web hosting. You will likely have root access to add or delete the application as per your requirements.
- Web hosting service provider gives you the facility of 24/7 technical support as you get in all kinds of web hosting services.
- You can choose managed VPS hosting in which web host is responsible for all kinds of maintenance and server uptime monitoring.
To sum up all, VPS hosting is essentially a virtualized machine that you have a sole access to. It is always a lucrative option for those who are trying to make money from their website or blog and additionally needed advanced security. If you are just starting off the venture and need a complete control over your hosting environment, then reap the most out of your vps hosting package and mark huge online success.