VPS business, vps for business, aws vps hosting, why is vps so expensive, business vps.
A VPS or a Virtual Private Server is installed on a computer that hosts multiple clients. Basically, one physical server is divided into several virtual servers. Each of these virtual servers has its own operating system and can belong to a different client.
A VPS is a step above shared hosting where the server resources are shared by many. With a VPS, each client has their allocated memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc. and do not need to share any of these with a neighbouring site.
A VPS is the preferred choice of many small-to-medium-sized businesses since it quite effectively bridges the gap between the limitations of shared hosting and the control and flexibility of dedicated hosting. The main reason for its popularity is that it provides almost all the features of dedicated hosting at an extremely reasonable price. Many people also prefer it since it offers much more control over the computing environment than what they have with shared hosting.
The Various Features of VPS
The features and services of a virtual server depend completely on the service provider. However, there are a few things you must check carefully before you decide on a VPS for business.
- If you are not technology savvy, check the level of expert support the provider is offering. This is invaluable since you may find yourself struggling with even the most basic problems otherwise.
- Check for root access. That will give you complete control over your VPS account – right from configurations to installing software. This is possible through the interface of the control panel application.
- Ask if the provider monitors the network and hardware regularly. This will help save your account from hackers, DDoS attacks, and malicious software. It also ensures the physical security of the server.
- The hosting provider must offer a way to you to manage data backups. If you are able to manually backup your data, you can restore it anytime you need.
- What if your business requires you to have multiple websites? You must check if the provider offers enough resources for you to be able to do that without any of them suffering from performance-related issues.
Once you have checked all these features and found them to be fine for your business needs, you can go for VPS Hosting with the chosen provider.
Let’s now speak about the various benefits that your business would receive from a cheap business VPS plan.
- It will get more stability and reliability for even the basic web hosting needs. Since you would not be sharing computing resources, a traffic spike in any of your neighbours’ websites would not affect the performance of your website.
- With root access, you are not dependent on the provider’s whims and fancies if you require the installation of a custom software package. You will be able to bypass most of the issues you saw with shared hosting.
- An issue with dedicated server hosting is that it cannot be considered an eco-friendly technology. This is because you are the only one using all the resources of a single server. This is not so with VPS since many users are utilizing the resources of a single server. This is definitely a better and more efficient utilization of resources.
- For many businesses, scalability is a major concern. This is because they start a website hoping to turn it into something big in the future. For them, it is important to be able to scale up the computing resources without seeing any downtime or facing technical issues. With VPS, this is easily possible with the click of a button.
- While it is true that business VPS solutions were on the higher side of expenses in earlier times, that is not so these days. There has been much advancement in virtualization techniques, and the prices are going to decrease further. Also, with many cheap VPS hosting plans available today, it is silly to give this awesome opportunity a miss thinking it to be far too expensive for your business.
If you are still worried about the cost factor, you can always go for cheap plans for your business, where you can either get a cPanel for a nominal fee or get a license for your own cPanel. Just make sure that even if you have gone for the cheap plan, you are not short-changed on the support provided.
This is because a lot of stuff can go wrong with your site and then you may be stuck. Go for a company that has ample experience in this area. You don’t want to settle for bad VPS plans from a company that does not really know a lot about hosting solutions. Be smart and go for cheap business VPS plans from a premium hosting solutions provider like Go4hosting.